Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
Part of Plant Used: Seeds
Country of Origin: Brazil
Appearance: Yellow to green - As it is a 100% natural product, the color may change depending on the harvest season.
Patauá oil is a powerful hydrating agent, with a high oleic acid content (Omega 9) and unique properties, such as light texture (non-greasy).
The oil extracted from the patauá mesocarp appears as a greenish, transparent liquid, sharp odor and taste similar to that of olive oil (Olea europaea), as well as in its physical appearance and fatty acid composition. Its high degree of unsaturated fatty acids is notable.
For Skin Care
Due to its high oleic acid content, natural Patauá Amazon oil has excellent moisturizing properties to recover dry skin, through the formation of a lipid film on the epidermis.
For Hair Care
Patauá oil revitalizes and nourishes the hair. It can be applied in formulations of products against dandruff and revitalizing hair. It is also widely used in products for fine and fragile hair. In addition, it is perfect for protecting the wires against the thermal action of the dryer.
Traditionally it is used by Amazonian communities as a tonic, and also in the treatment of hair loss.
- Wires 4 times stronger.
- Protects against the thermal action of the dryer and flat iron.
- Increases hair shine by 2 times.
- Leaves the wires light and loose.
- Stronger and softer hair
- Leaves the hair full-bodied and alive.
Patauá oil can be used daily, pure or mixed with creams of your choice, on the face and body.
- As a pre-shampoo: just apply the oil to the length and root of the strands before bathing, massage them and then wash with shampoo. In this way, the oil will act as a hair protector, preventing them from becoming dry due to the action of the shampoo.
- In capillary moistening: apply the ingredient to the root and length of the strands and massage the locks of hair well. Wait about two hours and then wash your hair. Do this procedure at most once a week.
All our oils, butters, and bioactive products are extracted from Amazonian plants using free chemical methods (without the use of chemical reagents or solvents). This method of Cold Extraction allows producing high-quality products, such as oils, greases, soaps, and herbal extracts; also, it preserves the bioactive compounds that are found in the raw materials.
They are wild species that grow naturally in the Amazon rainforest, extracted sustainably without the use of pesticides and fertilizers. Our products are cruelty-free.
The product may be subject to variation in color, viscosity, smell and other factors depending on the harvesting and local temperature.
Paris Fragrances is not liable for misuse in handling our products nor are we responsible for the final result of your product. See our store policy page.